Sunday, August 29, 2010

Letter to a friend...

I sent this letter to a friend today (partially edited for privacy to others involved)

I'm happy (overall). I AM HAPPY.

And despite financial concerns...and stuff, I am still happy overall. And as I sit here on the back patio that my partner and I built together and watch the birds and listen to the wind in the trees, I realized WHY I'm happy.

I am being true to myself.
I am being true to my beliefs.
I am not afraid to stand up for what I, ME..what I believe in.
I am not letting others tell me how I should believe.

With that being said, even though I have joined some pages on FB that some have already told me offends them (I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE) I have not overly aired my beliefs...at least while I'm in (my current job position), and choose to have work contacts on my social media page, I gotta remain fairly neutral. But, the way I figure, if my boss can put on her page that she's pro-life (anti choice) and religious, then I can "like" whatever I believe in on Facebook too.

Now, with that being said...it's just one of the many changes I have made in my life over the past year. I've stood up to my mother, my brother and to friends and other family. this is me. Take it or leave it.

I can honestly say I've never been happier with myself. I've never been so comfortable with who I am...because I'm allowing myself to be EXACTLY who I am....

It. Feels. SO. Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment